Get the water and mold damage documents for your records

Did you have water or mold damage in your home? If yes, then you should request documentation of the work completed for your records.  In the event that you decide to sell your home you will be glad you have the written proof of what was done. Contact all the vendors that worked at your home to complete the dry out and repairs. Ask the plumber for documents outlining the source of the leak and the repair. Obtain documents from the dry out company and rebuild company that outlines the work that was completed.  If post remediation testing was completed you should obtain the reports detailing the results from the Industrial Hygienist. All of this information can be used to complete the Transfer Disclosure Statement or a TDS that you will need to fill out when selling your home. Your agent or broker can supply you with the TDS form.